Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is a rapidly growing, global operation unit, which significantly impacts the customer experience. The team is looking for a Senior Program Manager with proven experience in promoting process improvement, strategic thinking and people management.
As a Senior Program Manager you will drive the strategic plan to optimize planning as well as the end-to-end design, implementation and monitoring of projects aimed specifically at improving Amazon's performances across EU. You will work in a cross functional environment with the Program Development, Global Tech, Scheduling, Operations, Carrier management, Network planning teams, and lead projects that will step change the way we plan and schedule. If this sounds interesting thus far, read on.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Define the process and technology strategy for EU Linehaul
• Develop in-depth understanding of processes, tools, data, and teams involved; and define best practices
• Use Six Sigma tools, DMAIC, PDCA to drive results, identify gaps and opportunities, to initiate and lead high-impact projects targeting to continuously improve and cut out losses
• Derive recommendations from analysis that significantly impact a department, create new processes, or change existing processes
• Designing, implementing and monitoring metrics to track the progress and growth of programs, and to highlight issues on a timely basis
• Solve ambiguous analyses with less well-defined inputs and outputs; guide to the heart of the problem and identify root causes
• Ensure transparent and consistent reporting of status, progress, impact, and risks; ensure appropriate action is taken to minimize impact and mitigate risks
• May need to coordinate a team of Program Managers to supervise planning accuracy for EU and cross border flows
• Master's degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Engineering or a related field
• Past experience of working within a planning function in a complex environment
• Experience in project management
• Past experience interacting and driving results with senior leaders across various teams in the organization
• Experience supervising teams and coordinating direct reports
• Fluency in English
• Solution-innovative approach to systems & processes; advanced computer literacy (Excel, Word). Proficiency in Tableau/SQL/Python desired.
• Team-oriented person, with significant customer focus
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates