Planning Manager, Kindle Direct Retail
Amazon Direct Retail is a new channel for amazon offering a unique and revolutionary customer experience. It is also one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. This position provides an exciting opportunity to help build tools, systems and mechanisms that drive in-stock planning, BI analytics and reporting, and program management and execution for the direct retail operations team. This position will be based in Seattle. Candidate will work cross functionally to support retail kiosk locations with in-stock, operational, manufacturing, and business planning.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
- Influencer: Innovative manager with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
- Leader: Significant experience leading cross functional teams against tangible milestones, and consistently deliver valuable projects
- Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology and operations projects, working through challenging, often ambiguous obstacles along the way
- Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing independent data analysis as necessary
- Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
- Generate Kindle Kiosk Direct Retail Demand and Supply Forecasting and support automation requirements
- Define, measure and execute global inventory and availability plans to meet product demands
- Dive deep, analyze underlying operations, and generate executive reports and summary views.
- Build and automate reports from ground up.
- Prepare and present executive documents for business critical projects.
- Work with operations to ensure predictable, accurate, and consistent delivery of product to the warehouse, kiosk, and customer.
- Define and manage execution of projects to optimize supply chain and operations processes - from inception through delivery - leveraging functional knowledge of supply chain architectures
- Ensure seamless order fulfillment and customer experience for customers using subject matter expertise in fulfillment, inbound and outbound logistics, and overall supply chain systems
- Work to continuously drive operating costs down
- Utilize Six Sigma and Lean practices to optimize supply chain and operations processes
- Build solid relationships with peers across the organization and ensure smooth process flows and collaboration
- 5 years of combined relevant work experience in Planning, Program management, Business Analytics and Inventory Management.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A Master's Degree or MBA is preferred
- Program Management experience
- Business Analytics experience
- Experience in warehouse operations and Logistics
- History of effectively managing cross-functional, internal customer groups to build new functionalities and implement projects.
- Experience using Six Sigma or Lean practices to optimize supply chain or operations processes
- Independence, flexibility, and ability to manage complex, highly ambiguous problems independently
- Accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed team leadership
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Proficiency at leveraging precious resources
- Experience indirectly leading operational and project teams
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Working knowledge of SQL, Tableau or other Business Intelligence Platform
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top