Planning Analyst II
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that result in improvements in our transportation network. The candidate will work across the EU in a cross-functional environment to develop a methodology for Line haul truck planning and route optimization as well as determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. You also will also be responsible to set up accurate statistics, management reports and analysis to assess planning efficiency and promote continuous improvement on planning processes. You will collaborate with Amazon Technology team to to scope business requirements and guide improvement on software and tools. You also facilitate the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity.
The ideal candidate will have solid data mining and modelling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and present performance metrics for Senior management to assist propelling business results.
- Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools.
- Design processes for Line haul transportation planning, route selection and optimization.
- Develop strategies to improve transportation speed and efficiency.
- Standardize and automatize transportation planning processes.
- Coordinate the launch of new lanes with primary stakeholders (Carriers/ Fulfillment Centers/ Finance).
- Communicate and collaborate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
- Master degree or equivalent with good academic record in
- Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering or related
- Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data.
- Good pragmatical skills
- Proficiency in SQL
- Basic coding skills in Python
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- High-quality communication, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge and experience with Operational Research optimization modeling.
- Good inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Additional EU languages.
Back to top