Physical Security Systems Program Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Center Operations Security Team is seeking a highly talented and motivated physical Security Program Manager (SPM) to join our team.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
The position is responsible for the design, installation and integration of security systems equipment including, but not limited to, Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
The ideal candidate for the role will be willing and able to work in all related disciplines, at all levels; from technology research to system design and layout, oversight of construction and implementation, as well as maintenance and upgrades over the life of the system. You will have an in-depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, highly organized, and will have demonstrated the ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
The SPM is a key member of the EMEA Security team and reports to the in country Cluster Security Manager. The SPM supervises the compliance of physical security standards, manages Physical Security Projects, serves on cross functional teams and is considered one of the Subject Matter Experts in all facets of Physical Security.
The SPM's ultimate success will be measured by how they assist with the development, implementation and commissioning of standardized security infrastructure systems for the AWS region. This is measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access control effectiveness, and the protection of our customers data, employees and visitors. The position is responsible for observing Physical Security Standards and Programs that support the goals of the Global Physical Security Team while enabling the local site managers to draw related services from the team, in a self-service manner.
• Provide technical leadership for large-scale security engineering projects, coordinate security system design specifications and change management between internal teams and external vendors.
• Excellent project management skills are required with ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should have experience in prioritizing tasks effectively and working seamlessly across organizational boundaries.
• Securing the compliance of physical security project standards, project Scopes of Work, budgets and timelines.
• Designs, develops, and implements solutions for system installations, upgrades, repairs and change outs.
• Support security system equipment commissioning.
• Completing the final Test and Acceptance of security systems.
• Build and deploy training programs for all users of the physical security systems.
• 5-7 years of experience in managing the operation and installation of regional and/or global physical security systems.
• Experience as a Physical Security Program Manager for large, complex, installations is a must.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with the Security Integrator Industry.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, BlueBeam or other design tools.
• High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
• English fluency required, German or other European languages a plus.
• Advanced skills in all Microsoft products with a special emphasis on Excel.
• Ability to travel 20% of the time.
• Ability to work at times in an industrial environment.
• Excellent teamwork skills, results oriented, high energy and self-motivated.
• BA/BS degree.
• Extensive experience in corporate security and workplace safety.
• Certification in either S2 or Lenel Access Control Systems.
• CPP, PSP or CISSP Certification.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in managing security professionals or security monitoring centers desired.
Back to top