Physical Security Lead
AWS Security team is seeking a data center security manager (DSM) to manage and improve site security operations at our data centers. The selected individual will be responsible for managing physical security operations, developing post orders, defining security procedures, handling site incidents, working with security equipment, participating in construction projects and to drive day-to-day process improvement activities and managing vendors.
Duties include ensuring consistent deployment of all required security policies and procedures and participate in re-occurring site audits and reviews and testing new security technologies.
Must have and demonstrate resilient leadership skills, flexibility to work in dynamic environment, exceptional knowledge of security practices and strong written and verbal communication.
- 5-7 years of experience in physical security related operations
- · Experience of working with security guard service providers
- · Experience of training others about security procedures
- · Experience of process improvement on day-to-day basis
- · Working knowledge of video surveillance equipment
- · Able to investigate site security incidents and provide detailed reports
- · Able to analyze situations, make quick decisions and formulate action plans
- · Able to work independently with little direction
- · Proficient with computers and Microsoft office tools such as outlook, word, excel and share point to make narrative reporting or presentation in tight timeline
- · Working knowledge of security software systems such as Lenel
- · May be required to participate in on-call rotation
- BS degree
- · At least 3 years in a leadership role
- · Experience working in a high security environment
- · Conflict resolution training
- · Able to performing security risk assessments
- · CPR/AED Certified
- · CPP or PSP certifications
- · Lenel Certifications
- · Familiarity with compliance standards such as ISO 27001
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top