Penetration Testing Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Do you enjoy reading source code and finding unique security concerns? Do you enjoy writing proof of concept code to demonstrate the potential impact of an issue by demonstrating it? Do you enjoy protecting customers at scale? On the AWS Penetration Testing team, we enjoy doing it all.
Our team is responsible for the manual assessment of all products, services and software released by AWS. We specialize in digging deep to find security issues that static analysis tools can't, and write the tooling to help with these goals. The AWS surface area is large and diverse, and we use results found in manual analysis to help improve our enterprise-wide automation to proactively spot and fix potential security issues to protect customers.
• Manually audit the source code of web services and software authored in house by Amazon
• Write proof of concept code to demonstrate the severity of a potential security issue
• Provide clear communication on issues to developers that suggest and help to test the fix
• Partner with AWS developers to drive improvement in application security as a result of security review engagements
• Provide actionable long term risk mitigation guidance
• Conduct independent vulnerability research pertaining to AWS relevant technologies
For more information, please reach out to to AWS Recruiter, Courtney Schumm (email@example.com)
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Customer Security, or equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in source code auditing, bug hunting or CTF experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience scripting in Python or other equivalent interpreted languages.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with security engineering practices such as in web application security, network security, authentication and authorization protocols, cryptography, automation and other software security disciplines.
• Experience with AWS technologies and services (e.g. S3, Lambda, EC2, KMS, IAM, etc.)
• Experience with bug hunting, bug bounties, capture the flag, software development
• Experience with multiple programming languages
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Please reach out to AWS Recruiter, Courtney Schumm (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top