Payroll Vendor Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Payroll team within Amazon Finance Operations (FinOps) is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. Our mission is to pay employees accurately and on time every time, while keeping our costs controlled and complying with all regulatory requirements. The Amazon Payroll team is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, exceptional relationship manager with outstanding analytical, negotiation and project skills to join our Vendor Management team.
The Payroll Vendor Manager, [APAC], is responsible for the payroll vendor selection, relationships and vendor management in some or all countries in [APAC]. This position will help oversee the performance of payroll service providers (vendors) and keep all agreements current. The incumbent is required to build strong relationships with Legal, Finance Operations, Tech, Compliance, HR and regional payroll operations teams.
This broad role is a not only a relationship management role with up to 30% international travel it also focuses on Operational Excellence by partnering with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt team members to support continuous improvement of Amazon processes, aligning them with customer requirements, and delivering positive impacts in controllership, quality and cost savings. This role may expand beyond the payroll space to support internal partners in FinOps and HR as needed. This position will initially have no direct reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support the management of payroll vendor selection
• Supporting market research activities
• Support the negotiation and maintenance of contracts ensuring reduction of cost per payslip and alignment with Amazon's compliance and control requirements working.
• Assist and participate in vendor meetings as required
Analyze and develop vendor performance data to support vendor governance
• Analyzing vendor cost and cost improvement opportunities, monitoring monthly spending patterns and identifying exceptions and areas for potential improvement.
• Deep diving customer pain points in a country and making recommendations for scalable solutions.
• Responding to escalations in a timely manner.
• Supporting continued development of materials, techniques, and metrics to identify opportunities to improve VM tools, systems, and processes.
• Building and maintaining knowledge management tools such as wikis and shared drives.
• Training and mentoring stakeholder in vendor related processes
• May participate in interview process to support hiring of new team members.
• Relevant experience in either HRO and/or Payroll service delivery management, procurement or account management roles
• Exceptional attention to documenting, monitoring and modification of fine detail within contracts or similar documentation and day to day activities.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• The ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple initiatives in a fast paced environment as well as great stakeholder management skills.
• Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel and SharePoint.
• Ability to effectively negotiate purchases.
• Project Management experience managing transformational projects.
• Proven ability to communicate cross functionally at all levels and influence both internal and external partners/stakeholders.
• Contract experience including building work orders and master services agreements with vendors.
• Experience in a procurement and/or business finance related role requiring negotiation and presentation skills
• International business experience is a plus
• Payroll knowledge is preferred, but not required to be successful in the role.
• Change Management experience including the ability to work with improvement team sponsors to address barriers to a team's success.
Back to top