Payroll Tax Compliance Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Our mission statement is:
"Pay Employees accurately and on time with the highest customer obsession and highest level of controllership and compliance, at the lowest cost to Amazon".
If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you're looking for!
You will work in the Payroll Compliance team to manage a specific global project alongside a global team. The project is to operate country by country reviews to ensure that payrolls operate compliantly. You will create tools, metrics data and write reports on the current and identified activities and risk areas we monitor, and be responsible for discovering, advising and measuring risks.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Work with key stakeholders and Project team to gather data to review and develop a roadmap for conducting a thorough assessment.
• Coordinate stakeholders and Project team to conduct workshops.
• Conduct the Workshops alongside the Project team.
• Use data and tools to vet information, processes and calculations.
• Consolidate the discoveries in a manner that allows stakeholders to identify action items and discoveries.
• Work with Compliance tools to provide management reporting and metrics, and use these in the effective monitoring of identified Compliance risks.
• Track the action items and coordinate stakeholders to ensure timely completion of action items.
• Take ownership of the country projects end to end.
• Work with tools to effectively track all tasks, working closely with Payrolls teams to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Discover and identify new areas of risk, and potential Non Compliance and manage to resolution and full Compliance.
• Review internal and external audit reports providing remediation plans and working with stakeholders to close identified risks and issues.
• Work closely with the Payroll teams, providing support and guidance.
• Conduct regular meetings with relevant departments, including Tax, Accounting, HR and Legal.
• Build partnerships with External Counsel Consultants to gain expert advice where necessary.
• Tax, Employment Legal and / or Payroll experience.
• Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong aptitude of project management skills.
• Strong excel and reporting skills.
• Advanced analytical skills and the ability to dive deep into details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• Fluent in English in both written and verbal communication.
• Experience of working in a large multinational matrix organization.
• Tax, Accounting / Auditing, Payroll or Legal qualifications and / or experience.
Back to top