Payroll Systems Business Analyst
- Colonial Heights, VA
Does the challenge that comes from driving complex employee facing experience issues for one of the largest employers excite you? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and delivering innovative solutions that enable your team and stakeholders to do their jobs more effectively and accurately by streamlining existing processes by leveraging technology?
The Global Amazon Payroll Team is seeking a Business Analyst to help drive small scale automation improvements while partnering on larger scale efforts to enhance the employee experience in relation to Payroll at Amazon for our global population. This position is responsible for facilitating the successful deployment of both internally built and purchased tools that will simplify the way we interact with employees while also helping us to quantify and capture additional areas for improvement in collaboration with both our internal and external partners.
Your primary responsibilities within our Payroll Systems team will be to dive deep into our existing processes and procedures and gain an understanding of our existing systems and processes to be able to identify opportunities to improve, while thinking critically to uncover any gaps in our current state. Within this role, you will partner with our internal payroll team as well as our technical partners, HR, benefits, and more to gather requirements, map out future state configurations, and drive the development of our testing strategy and validations. The ability to work cross functionally and to identify areas of need proactively is imperative to the continued growth and success of this initiative. Further, you will continue to drive continuous improvement post launch.
Successful candidates will have a business analyst background, have supported complex large scale initiatives and also have implemented small scale automations, be detail driven, have excellent problem solving abilities, and have experience working with HCM/Payroll systems. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous planning, disciplined attention to detail, continuous process improvement and mentorship. You should have experience working with SME's across multiple geographies, and using data to advance ideas and influence others. Finally, thinking big and setting a bold direction for the future is a must.
• Partner with the project managers and our project team to map out our current vs. future state designs
• Support the gathering of requirements and translate those to scalable solutions.
• Test, analyze, and evaluate system functionality.
• Drive innovation and break through improvements in your team's processes and practices.
• Identify the opportunities that will provide ways to better scale our processes.
• Partner with other Amazon teams impacted by these initiatives to test the end to end lifecycle of an employees pay.
• Work with operations teams to drive improvements.
• Create and manage the communication strategy for promoting and highlighting your strategy, priorities, and the status of your program.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 6+ years of relevant experience
• Project leadership and delivery experience
• Strong competency in MS Excel and Access
• Experience working cross functionality across multiple geographies
• Proven analytical background
• Report writing experience within ADP, PeopleSoft, or other similar software
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, , Business, Computer Science or related field
• Advanced data analytics skills
• Prior experience in Payroll
• Competency with SQL Server, Power BI, and other Macro and Scripting Languages
• PMP certified
• Six Sigma certified
• A strong desire to exceed expectations and strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability of participating in milestone driven projects
Back to top