Payroll Program Manager
- Prague, Czech Republic
Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large, cross-organizational projects and initiatives for one of the largest online marketplaces excite you? Do you thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity? Do you enjoy diving into your customer's business requirements and finding the solution to meet their needs?
Amazon is seeking a Program Lead to manage the integration of our newly acquired companies onto Amazon payroll. This position is responsible for supporting mergers and acquisition activity for our EMEA region.
Your primary role will be to onboard new Amazon Subsidiaries on day one of the acquisition, along with setting up programs to monitor and measure ongoing subsidiary payroll success. You will work with stakeholders throughout Amazon to deliver high quality, scalable payroll solutions. You will collaborate with various Amazon stakeholders to deliver the best subsidiary experience with the most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have program management experience in Payroll, Audit or Finance, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous planning, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
• Interact with Subsidiary Finance and Technical contacts, Project Sponsors, Technical Program Managers and multiple Development Teams to deliver payroll integration.
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large, complex payroll integration projects.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement to meet business requirements
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Foster constructive and pro-active communication across organizational boundaries
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project status, roadmaps, and documentation to stakeholders.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of Program Management experience in a related industry, including managing complex projects across multiple, globally dispersed work teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related financial field.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within Amazon and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Results oriented person with a strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with other Amazon orgs.
• Prior Merger and Acquisition experience
• Prior experience with Payroll Program Management
Back to top