Payroll Portfolio Manager
- Shanghai, China
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Amazon seeks a Payroll Portfolio Manager to join our expanding Finance Operations (FinOps) Payroll Transformation team (PT). With the rapid growth of the company, it is essential to make continued investments in process improvement and technology. Finance Operations is looking for a driven Portfolio Manager to support the global delivery of Payroll projects and programmes. The role will work closely with internal stakeholders throughout to ensure our customers strategic needs are serviced by our Program and Project delivery function, review and identify portfolio level risks and manage those opportunities at a portfolio level, improving our global capability footprint. The role will be a focal point for the PT team to ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks and project status. This is an exciting opportunity to join an area which touches every aspect of Amazon's wide range of businesses.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2.000 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
• Extensive Program/Transformation Management experience in a related industry, including managing complex software implementation
• Formal Project Management qualifications - PMP, Prince equivalent
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise
• Ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements manage risks appropriately and effectively. Ability to manage multiple projects/programs
• Results oriented person with a proven track record of on-time project/program delivery for large, cross-functional projects with global stakeholders
• Team player with the ability to draw from the above experience and work on over reaching, global, project strategy
• Ability to run workshops with the Operations teams to assess program risks and schedules
• Experience working and contributing to project playbooks, building schedules, managing issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management
• Proven experience working in a matrix organization where most team members do not report directly to the PMO
• Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction
• Proven ability to handle confidential information appropriately
• Courageous and willing to stand up for their ideas within appropriate guidelines
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related financial field, or 5+ years of equivalent work experience
• Experience working on projects across multiple geographies
Back to top