Amazon seeks a Payroll Leader to coordinate Payroll for Amazon employees in EMEA.
We are looking for a strong operational leader with excellent communication skills. The role is a fantastic opportunity for a leader who wants to innovate, to move away from traditional payroll solutions, to raise the bar for the payroll team, and to set the team up for success.
This role is part of the EMEA Payroll Management Team in Prague or Bratislava. It is critical to Amazon's ongoing success that we provide the highest service to our employees.
Our mission statement is "Pay Employees accurately and on time with the highest level of controllership and compliance, at the lowest cost to Amazon". Other areas of responsibility: strategic planning, stakeholder management (HR, HR Services, Treasury, Accounting, Mobility, Recruitment), monthly business reviews, in country expansions and M&A ownership for EMEA, and continuous improvement projects (not an exhaustive list).
You will have the opportunity to build the team and make a difference. You will lead and develop the team, including hiring, training and employee career development; you will have the accountability to establish priorities, to ensure adherence to existing policies and procedures, to achieve or exceed annual performance targets; and above all to create a great environment to work in.
Key job responsibilities
- To build, inspire and motivate the team to raise the bar
- To develop a professional payroll function which is scalable & flexible to meet the company needs
- To manage a team of payroll senior analysts, analysts and payroll vendors
- To liaise with key business partners and senior management (including directors and vice presidents) in order to align priorities and define best in class processes to serve Amazon's employees
- Accountable to meet or exceed SLAs and KPIs for the region
- Accountable to ensure efficiency and efficacy of the internal controls over input and output data of the Payroll systems
- Accountable to anticipate employee needs and implement necessary procedures to reduce Amazon's employees effort to receive payroll services.
• A minimum of 3+ years' experience managing a payroll team
• Experience with working in a remote environment
• Build, inspire and motivate the teams to raise the bar
• Able to implement and execute the defined payroll strategy
• English language on advanced level • Strong communication skills
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Strong analytical and statistical skills
• Deep controllership / statutory compliance knowledge (tax, labour code, social security, garnishments, pension, benefits, terminations)
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment • Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to make fact-based decisions and drive
• MS Office knowledge - especially advanced MS Access and MS Excel Office (VBA, macros)
• Familiar with SAP, Peoplesoft, Workday, ADP software
• Other language skill is advantage
• Able to work in a mixed collective bargaining agreement environment
• Used to work in a metrics driven organization
• Experience working with SOX compliance
• Ensure compliance with local legislation, tax and social security laws
• Liaise with key stakeholders for procedural changes •