- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Amazon is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic candidate to join the fast paced world of LATAM Payroll Operations. We're not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average Payroll Management position. We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by working on and initiating projects in a fast-paced environment and ultimately delivering results.
It is critical to Amazon's on-going success that we provide the highest service to our employees. If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you're looking for!
Amazon strives to be earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. We treat every day like day one: a day to bring in fresh ideas, a day to challenge convention, a day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive our success now, and reinforce our reputation for great service for years to come. You could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
About the role
Amazon is looking for a strong operational leader with excellent communication skills and a strong proven background in delivering multiple payrolls. The role is a fantastic opportunity for a leader, who wants to raise the bar for the payroll team and set the team up for success.
The successful candidate will lead one of the sub-regional Payroll teams located in Costa Rica. He/she will be responsible to be the payroll operational leader of several countries and more than 40 Amazon employees + payroll vendors.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the team's operations including: hiring, training, and employee development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; managing annual performance targets and operating budget; creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics. This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving complex outstanding issues with internal and external business partners. Overall responsible for Audit compliance and Business controls.
The role requires a candidate with ability to manage and improve the payroll operations (performance metrics, internal controls, compliance, automation...) as well as to manage regional projects. The candidate will interact with senior and executive stakeholders worldwide.
-Contributes to the strategic direction of the company based on internal and industry knowledge
• Responsible for developing and communicating team or department vision and goals
-Broaden learnings and best practices to other markets in Region
-High level reviews to ensure team reports are consistently accurate, follow-up on COE actions
• Build and monitor a consolidated Payroll Operations annual operating plan to forecast headcount needs with detailed analysis of budget to actual results
• Partner with external stakeholders HR, HRS, Accounting, Treasury (external to Payroll department)
• Partner with internal stakeholders Compliance, Controllership, Payroll Transformation, Payroll Academy
• Responsible to develop and implement systems to support rapid growth
• Performs autonomously and initiate and manages complex, departmental and/or cross- company work
• Build scalable processes to recruit, train and develop business professionals to support business expansion
• Lead performance review process
• Payroll Experience - more than 7 years
• Experience of leading and managing Payroll teams - more than 5 years
• Strong vendor management skills and experience
• Strong in-house payroll experience, including application change management
• Previous experience within a control or audit environment
• Experience working with SOX compliance
• Fluent English and Spanish.
• Vast knowledge in Payroll Accounting
• Vast knowledge of LATAM Labor law and local legislation
• Able to develop a professional payroll function which is scalable & flexible to meet the company's rapid growt.
• Fluent in Portuguese.
Back to top