- Jersey City, NJ
Amazon is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic candidate to join the fast paced world of European Financial Operations. We're not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by working on and initiating projects in a fast-paced environment and ultimately delivering results.
It is critical to Amazon's ongoing success that we provide the highest service to our employees. Our mission statement is: "Pay Employees accurately and on time with the highest level of controllership and compliance, at the lowest cost to Amazon" If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership as well as motivate and lead remote teams of focused analysts, we have the career you're looking for!
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. We treat every day like day one. A day to bring in fresh ideas. A day to challenge convention. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive our success now, and reinforce our reputation for great service for years to come. You could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
About the role
The successful candidate will manage the payroll activities and be based in Bratislava. Next to the local payroll activities there are opportunities to manage other countries, which are processed out of our Shared Service Center in Bratislava. The key component of the role is to pay our employees correctly and on time with the focus on process improvement, consistency and documentation. We are looking for a strong leader with excellent communication skills. The role is a fantastic opportunity for a payroll manager who wants to make a difference within our company, who wants to raise the bar for the payroll team, be the spider in the web and set the team up for success.
Other areas of opportunities: international projects, Six Sigma (Greenbelt and Kaizen) and new country implementations
This is a high profile area within Amazon and requires a manager with the ability to improve our customer experience.
• A minimum of 5+ years' experience managing people in finance sector
• Managing payroll team would be the advantage
• Experience with working in a remote environment
• Build, inspire and motivate the teams to raise the bar
• Able to implement and execute the defined payroll strategy
• English language on advanced level + any other EU language
• Strong communication skills
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Strong analytical and statistical skills
• Deep controllership / statutory compliance knowledge (tax, labour code, social security, garnishments, pension, benefits, terminations)
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analysing data to make fact-based decisions and drive
• MS Office knowledge - especially advanced MS Access and MS Excel Office (VBA, macros)
• Other language skill is advantage (Arabic, Czech, Italian, French, German, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish)
• Able to work in a mixed collective bargaining agreement environment
• Used to work in a metrics driven organization
• Experience working with SOX compliance
• Ensure compliance with local legislation, tax and social security laws
• Liaise with key stakeholders for procedural changes
• Maintaining and influencing the relationships with key internal and external partners
• High sense of controllership
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
Back to top