Payroll Instructional Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Does the challenge that comes from creating innovative and engaging training for internal teams as well as our customers excite you? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and delivering innovative solutions that enable your team and stakeholders to do their jobs more effectively and accurately by providing necessary resources?
The Global Amazon Payroll Team is seeking a Payroll Instructional Designer to help develop and improve the quality of training courses provided to our Amazon team. This position is responsible for partnering with the requestor for the initiatives assigned to you to build out an understanding of the request and develop the storyboard that will be used to develop this training with our e-learning developers. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that we continue to innovate and raise the bar in all of our offerings through continuous review and improvement activities for our existing catalog.
Your primary responsibilities as an Instructional Designer will be to improve the learning experience and identify opportunities to streamline how we are able to get our teams the information they need when they need it. This requires partnership with our existing team members to share best practices, align on common themes, and drive improvements by leveraging new and innovative approaches to continue to push our team to be the benchmark within Amazon. You will support these efforts from initial concept and design, then through to implementation, delivery, and measurement. You will focus on continuous improvement and the ability to work cross functionally and to identify areas of need proactively will be imperative to the continued growth and success of this program.
Successful candidates will have Learning and Development experience, be detail driven, have a proven track record of delivering quality and engaging learning modules, and strive to continuously improve while taking into account feedback received through our NPS metrics. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the success of high-performance teams through disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship. You will have experience working with SME's across multiple geographies and using data to advance ideas and influence others.
• Analyze and translate business needs into a Payroll learning curriculum.
• Build and deliver innovative training.
• Design and develop online learning materials, including learning objectives, content, and assessment tools.
• Work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across Amazon to understand the training needs and build effective training that leverage the latest technology and adult learning concepts.
• Use project management tools and skills to manage medium to large-scale content development projects. Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and mitigate risks to eliminate potential roadblocks in the design, development and implementation of training.
• Assess the impact of training and measure knowledge retention.
• Master training software and learning systems to deliver training and report on training effectiveness, iterating on content and delivery as needed.
• Remain abreast of current procedures and changes.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 1800 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
• 4+ years direct experience in designing and developing training materials and content.
• 4+ years using eLearning development software
• Well versed in adult learning methodologies and able to evaluate learning effectiveness using instructional design assessment strategies
• BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Learning and Development, or other relevant field
• Solid organizational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude
• A strong desire to exceed expectations and strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability of participating in milestone driven projects
• Experience working in a dynamic environment supporting global teams
• Masters degree in Adult Learning, Training and Development, or related field
Back to top