Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Finance Operations payroll processes at Amazon. We are looking for a strong leader responsible for coordinating and representing many Finance Operations payroll related projects to the various stakeholders within Amazon. Focus areas include defect reduction, computing system interaction, global data analysis, Operational Excellence and other relevant sectors to ensure that Amazon's Finance Operations processes operate with high efficiency and stay ahead of risks associated with growth.
You must be eager to dive deep into processes and have a proven record of delivering process efficiency results. The ideal candidate will have outstanding auditing and problem solving skills, payroll process and payroll system knowledge, and be customer obsessed.
- Lead special projects to drive payroll improvements and integrations across the Finance Operations teams
- Develop, modify and maintain the operational and design effectiveness of payroll process and controls
- Coordinate with teams across IT, HR, Finance and Accounting to ensure best practices are followed and implemented
- Audit access to multiple payroll systems
- Create and maintain business continuity plans for multiple countries
In addition, this position will have direct responsibility for improving payroll processes and controls for a Fortune 100 company with a high volume of transactions. Payroll includes > 100K employees, multiple FEINS, multi-state, and some international payroll exposure.
This position will also be involved in multiple simultaneous new cross-functional business project launches that have impact to the payroll organization and require project management ability, understanding of payroll and related systems, and technical data analytics awareness.
- BS/BA degree accounting/finance, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant Canada payroll or US Payroll experience.
- Certified Canada payroll professional
- Solid organizational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude
- A strong desire to exceed expectations and strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience in public accounting or internal audit
- Demonstrated ability of participating in milestone driven projects
- Strong desire to exceed expectations and strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- Ability to create process flows in Visio
- Ability to perform basic cost-benefit analysis
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top