Path Forward Return to Work - Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16 week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Amazon Imaging Science's vision is simple: We want to provide the best product imagery in the industry to empower customers to make informed purchasing decisions. Through technology, we seek to constantly increase the quality of photos, videos, and other visual media, to lower the cost of acquisition, and to create innovative imaging products. We apply a mix of workflows, Image Processing, Computer Vision and Machine Learning, and we blend that with our in-house developed robotic capture devices. We partner with many different teams across Amazon, and are frequently involved in "Special Projects" to bring new innovations to market.
We are building a world-class team exploring exciting opportunities combining elements from both traditional imaging and 3D content creation. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer with a background in building scalable, robust services to process media at tremendous scale. Familiarity with AWS and workflow service technologies would be valuable for this role.
Imaging Sciences offers a dynamic workplace that is fueled by innovation and passionate collaboration in a highly multidisciplinary team. We take pride in developing cutting-edge technologies and products that are optimized for the best customer experience.
This opportunity focuses on rendering realistic 3D imagery of our wide array of products to enhance the experience for Amazon customers, while closely working with studios/tech artists who creates the models.
• Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming or other similar languages.
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication, problem solving, and written skills.
• Open to relocate to Seattle
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• 7+ years of industry experience.
• Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
• Expert knowledge of Java.
• AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top