At Amazon Development Centre in Gdansk we understand that at different stages of your life, a traditional full time schedule may not be the right solution for you. We believe this should not be a reason for you to miss out on challenging and meaningful work. We welcome and value diverse perspectives and are committed to hiring the best candidates, whether they want to work full time or part time.
The Alexa teams in Gdansk are building state-of-the-art technology that helps Alexa speak and understand human language by developing Natural Language Understanding (NLU) services and Text-to-Speech (TTS) features.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will create reliable, scalable and high performance products in an innovative environment. Working with developers, computational linguists and scientists, you will develop products and features which are loved by millions of customers around the world. This role requires a strong technical expertise, solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and proficiency in modern programming languages.
If you thrive in an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are valued and foster innovation, enjoy working side-by-side with colleagues and teams and have passion for delivering the best customer experience, and are interested in a part time opportunity (20-30h per week), then we would like to hear from you.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
• 5+ years of hands-on professional software development experience
• Excellent coding skills in at least one modern programming language (Java, C++, C#, Python)
• Proficiency in Object Oriented Design
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
• Working proficiency in English
• Experience with various processes in the full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems
• efficient technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
We will consider candidates interested in working 20-30 hours per week.
At Amazon, we believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.