Part-Time Shift Assistant, Logistics
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Amazon has an immediate opening for Shift Assistants at our Delivery Stations around North America.
The Shift Assistant position would be responsible for daily management of department duties; including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, providing work direction and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
Key Job Elements:
- Provide vacation coverage for Area Managers
- Track and report of ATS/labor hours
- At times assist with production duties, train associates and verify SOP compliance
- Ensure successful area performance, through tracking and reporting metrics.
- Independently assess all aspects of associate work performance and provide feedback.
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives
- Fully understand workflow and daily production goals
- Review and update SOP as required
- Ensure work areas remain clean and are equipped with proper equipment and supplies.
- Identify and address safety hazards within the work area
- Coach associates to work safely at all times
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Ensure all job injuries are reported timely in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to lead provide direction utilizing independent judgment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Lift, bend, reach above the head; kneel; crouch; and or stretch during shifts
- Push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during shifts
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Education beyond High School
- Prior experience managing/supervising employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with an FC kaizen or Shingi event
- An awareness and willingness to use OE tools and techniques
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Excel
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top