Partner Solutions Architect - VMware Partner Specialist
- Palo Alto, CA
Do you like helping system integrators build and grow their practices with innovative cloud solutions? Would you like to help technology partners integrate their products with new cloud capabilities? Are you ready to bring your unique combination of technical skills and business acumen to help partners successfully leverage AWS and VMware technologies to transform their business?
VMware Cloud on AWS is an integrated cloud offering jointly developed by AWS and VMware delivering a highly scalable, secure and innovative service that allows organizations to seamlessly migrate and extend their on-premises VMware vSphere-based environments to the AWS Cloud running on -generation Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) bare metal infrastructure. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to run VMware's Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack and leverage VMware's virtualization and management software to seamlessly deploy and manage VMware workloads across their on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS environments.
As a Partner Solutions Architect specializing in VMware Cloud on AWS, you'll work directly with SI and ISV partners looking to leverage VMware Cloud on AWS as a part of their business. Partner Solutions Architects work with partners from a business and technical perspective. This ranges from executive-level discussion on overall business strategy to deep technical engagements with product and engineering teams. The ideal candidate must have deep technical skills and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX, or vSAN as well as a strong understanding software architecture and cloud computing.
As a trusted partner advocate, you'll need to understand best practices around AWS and VMware solutions. You will enable consulting partners to expand existing practices to include VMware Cloud on AWS and help technology partners integrate their solutions with the VMware Cloud on AWS service. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical and you should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We want to help our partners envision and implement innovative customer solutions, design Well-Architected systems, and successfully leverage the capabilities of VMware Cloud on AWS.
Candidates must have great written and verbal communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to earn the trust AWS customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer. We're looking for builders to help us innovate the future of cloud computing.
This position will be based out of São Paulo, Brazil.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 3+ years in customer or partner-facing roles
• 5+ years hands-on, technical experience working with VMware and/or AWS technologies
• Proven experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a proven track record of success.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical situations
• Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to executive
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across internal
• An degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or equivalent experience
• SI experience building, launching and growing technologies practices
• Expert software architecture skills and experience building complex software systems
• DevOps experience with AWS and/or VMware technologies
• AWS Solutions Architecture Certification (Associate or Professional)
• VMware professional level certification (VCP, VCIX, VCDX)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top