Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, and AWS CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our customers while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
Please apply if you are passionate about the following:
• Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
• Our company credo: "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." It's critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
• Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
With experience in the following key areas:
• Technical presentation experience White board, small and large group presentations
• Technical Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
• Operational Web site/services operations, management, and security
• Ability to travel 30%
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
You are a credible technical leader to your customers, and to teams you partner with in delivering solutions. Combining business acumen with technical skills, you work with customers to architect solutions to complex problems. You focus on work where business objectives (e.g., reduce risks, reduce costs, increase revenue from existing products, invent new products) and opportunities may be defined, but the technology strategy and the technical solution design are not defined. You understand your customer's business context (e.g., outcome priorities, customer experience, shared goals, business case) and seek to influence their longer-term technology strategy (e.g. improve migration experience, adopt business impactful technologies, transform antiquated platforms). You take the time to understand the history and circumstances that created a customer's current technology state, and humbly employ those lessons learned when addressing present problems. You are pragmatic in your approach to designing customer solutions, applying judgement and experience when advising customers on short- and long-term implications of trade-offs (e.g., extensibility, flexibility, scalability, maintainability). You understand that all systems have constraints. Wherever possible, you utilize your skills and experience to turn constraints into opportunities to simplify and innovate. Your solutions are extensible, reusable, secure, reliable, cost optimized, operationally excellent, and performant. Team members may solicit your advice on accomplishing these architectural and design goals.
A day in the life
Dynamic, exciting daily activity supporting key Public Sector Global System Integrator partners. Technical leader building and owning executive relationships. Innovate for customers and to improve AWS. Enterprise Architect perspective. Present to partners & customers, run technology Game Days, design architectures, build proof of concepts, whiteboard architectures, demonstrate AWS technology capabilities, submit product feature requests to improve AWS services, assist with customer challenges, enable effective support engagement, learn new technologies, collaborate with partners, customers, service teams, sales teams, specialists, business development, and other solutions architects.
About the team
Public Sector Global System Integrator (GSI) Partner Solutions Architects are technical leaders who are trusted advisors for some of the largest consulting partners in the world. Our team works to help these partners successfully deliver AWS solutions to Public Sector customers. We collaborate and share knowledge and experience helping each other be more effective in supporting our partner. But we individually own the technical relationship with our partner. Additionally, there is a matrix organization made up of key stakeholders that collectively make up the partner team made up of solutions architect, sales, and support resources from other teams.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
• 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
• 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
• Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
• 7+ years enterprise IT application experience
• 2+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• This position can be located anywhere in the United States
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services
• Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
• Prior experience in state or local government
• Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as HIPAA, CJIS, etc.
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.