Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Partner Solutions Architect to join our thriving technical community and growing business in Germany as part of the EMEA Public Sector team. You will join a friendly and supportive team, working together to bring the latest in disruptive cloud computing technologies to organisations serving our Public Sector customers, focused on supporting System Integrators, Consulting Partners and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) in Germany. The position is based out of Berlin, Munich or remote.
As an AWS Solutions Architect, you will architect enterprise-grade Amazon Web Services solutions, own the technical relationship and deliverables with large organizations, develop and execute multi-day workshops, lead white boarding sessions, author white papers and blog posts, and respond to complex technical inquiries. As a Partner Solution Architect you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of the AWS platform across the partner community.
Internally, you will be an advocate acting on behalf of the customer to help drive continual improvements to the AWS platform, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features and services. You will also help shape the future of the Solutions Architecture organisation by helping to hire, coach and mentor others.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures with the worldwide AWS Solutions Architect community. You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelise and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS partners and customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps.
• Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Exposure to collaboration with System Integrators, Consulting Partners or Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with business-fluent English and German, to be able to drive discussions with partners.
• A passion for technology and for learning.
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud.
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures.
• Working knowledge of multiple technology domains, such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role.
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek candidates from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
For more information on Public Sector roles, please visit - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/Public-Sector