Partner Solutions Architect - Network
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Solution Architect, Security, within our Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partners & Alliances business function.
If you have experience in IT security practices, working in regulated industries or in security and compliance aware environments, such as penetration testing, application security assessment, reverse engineering, compliance audits, cryptography, network protection, and are interested in helping customers embrace cloud technologies, come and talk to us.
Specialist Solutions Architects work with AWS' partners and customers to accelerate their cloud transformation. They engage in a wide range of activities around their domain of expertise, providing technical advice to customers, helping the internal and external communities, presenting AWS publicly on their domain, and providing a preferred path between AWS service teams and customers.
AWS partners & resellers include the largest software and systems integration companies as well as hundreds of innovative software and services companies who are using AWS as their cloud platform of choice. This role will focus on working with a set of strategic consulting partners to define technical solutions. They will be responsible for accelerating the cloud migration journey for customers in regulated industries, including understanding business drivers, their current datacenter architecture, helping design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundation, and defining adoption pathways.
As the right candidate, you will possess technical skills in software architecture, info security, compliance initiatives, software deployment and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organization. You should also be able to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. You are an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
• Partners' trusted advisor: collaborate with AWS account, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Transit Gateway (TGW), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Direct Connect, Outposts, AWS Organizations, Artifact, Elastic Loadbalancer and A (ELB) and Application Loadbalancer (ALB)
• Business partner: serve as a key member of the business development and partner management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Public engagement: provide thought leadership on Network solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Blogs, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, or public presentations at AWS Summits, AWS re:Invent, AWS User Groups or industry events
• Community player: capture and share best-practices, participate, and contribute as a member of the worldwide AWS technical community of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
• Evangelizing a partner's value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
• Driving partner solutions, APN Program attainment, continuous enablement through training and certifications and go-to-market strategies for differentiation and expansion of their footprint
• Establishing AWS as the partner's preferred cloud computing platform for regulated workloads
• Working alongside the AWS Partner Development Manager and AWS Partner SAs for the strategic partner to develop extensive executive and senior management relationships within partner organizations; being viewed as a "trusted advisor."
• Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful engagements with software partners worldwide.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partners team helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy for the segment.
30-40% travel is required
• Experience with AWS or another hyperscale provider.
• 5+ years of experience architecting and implementing enterprise-scale networks.
• 3+ years' experience in one or multiple network related fields such as Routing, Load balancing, Switching, Data Center Networks
• Track record of implementing cloud services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements that apply to cloud-based technologies
• Ability to learn new concepts and technologies, and apply them to provide the best business outcomes for customers
• Leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
• Demonstrate a bias for action and hands-on approach
• Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.
• AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Experience speaking publicly in front of large audiences.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top