Partner Solutions Architect - Global Systems Integrators
- Roseville, CA
As a Partner Solutions Architect at AWS, you will build technical relationships with a Global Systems Integrator (GSI) and operate as their trusted advisor, defining the approach, tools, and target architecture as they migrate customers or build cloud native solutions on Amazon Web Services.
You will architect enterprise-grade Amazon Web Services solutions, own the technical relationship and deliverables for a GSI, develop and execute multi-day workshops, lead white boarding sessions, author white papers and blog posts, and respond to complex technical inquiries.
Internally, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of the AWS platform across the partner community.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to migrate and modernize applications running on-premise datacenter or at the edge locations using cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
As a strategic member of the regional Partner Solution Architect team, you responsibilities include:
• Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements worldwide.
• Validate Partner architectures, deliverables, SOW's, Project plans, and other assets required to successfully deliver partner lead customer engagements.
• Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform.
• Share partner and customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS.
• Up to 40% domestic travel is required
• 8+ years of experience in technical consulting, presales and or project delivery with any of the following backgrounds: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies as well as in-depth knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least four technology areas; articulate views/roadmaps for future development; understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
• Exhibit the attributes of learn and be curious by demonstrating the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
• Experience in working with global systems integrators
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking, writing technical blogs
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Back to top