Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for an experienced Partner Manager to develop relationships and manage opportunities with our Partner Community specifically on opportunities in the Public Sector. As a Partner Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform.
Responsibilities include: development and execution of a Territory Partner strategy; owning the partnering relationships with key partners in Territory, driving sales execution, training and certifications, account team alignment and go to market support.
By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, along with managing the day-to-day interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption for and with the partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CxO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and sales executives. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
• Engage with partners and customers to develop and execute a partner growth strategy and Go to Market that includes, training, education and joint sales programs specifically selling to Public Sector end-users.
• Engage the partner field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for both parties that benefit the end-customer.
• Define a territory plan in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes developing individual partner plans and establishing a processes that track activities towards goals.
• Set and manage revenue targets and work with the partners and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
• Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
• Understand the partner's technical requirements and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of AWS product offerings.
• Experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
• Manage complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing and business terms.
• The right person will be a seasoned sales and/or partner development leader experienced in the software/technology industry.
• Demonstrate an ability to engage and influence C-level executives within partner and end-user organisations.
• Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics, with hands on experience negotiating enterprise contracts
• Strong technical and/or business solutions acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models
• Experience working within the public sector industry is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.
• Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions and product strategy within AWS and in the partner's organization with a direct focus on delivering value to end customers.
• Persuasive presentation and writing skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Track record of managing and selling to large and complex organistaions with all up responsibility across the entire organization while also managing a large and dispersed set of mid to smaller accounts