Partner Enablement & Readiness Lead
- Arlington, VA
Amazon Web Services is continuing to pioneer in the Public Sector and is seeking a Partner Enablement Lead to deliver tools, training, coaching, processes, and other enablement programs that equip AWS Public Sector Partner teams to better serve customers and grow the business. This role encompasses both designing project plans that will accelerate each initiative, while also tactically implementing each program individually and/or in concert with cross-functional team members.
The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of Public Sector sales and marketing dynamics, strong project management skills, and the ability to synthesize vast information while making it usable amongst a diverse sales audience. This individual will work closely with the global enablement team, the Partner organization leadership team and other cross-functional leads, examining existing business practices while identifying new initiatives that would result in time-savings and increased sales effectiveness. Examples of the projects that will be driven by this individual include developing business enablement resources, executing onboarding and driving ongoing learning efforts, streamlining processes, and supporting programs that ultimately enable partner teams to accelerate sales pipelines.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering onboarding and ongoing sales readiness programming to the Partner organization. You will have an opportunity to employ your passion for problem solving, coaching and technology to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships with new and tenured sales employees. You will also work closely with many stakeholders (Business Operations, Lead Development Representatives, Project Managers, Public Sector Enablement) to discover and meet the objectives of the organization.
• For each initiative, develop a program implementation plan and communicate strategy to leaderships and stakeholders; fully own end-to-end progress against targeted objectives.
• Assist in the development and scaling of Partner organization readiness activities on a rolling basis, working closely with colleagues to identify gaps within the team's needs, and design and implement projects to meet business requirements.
• Develop cross-functional enabling resources and content for Partner organization while leveraging existing resources for implementation and rollout of programs.
• Perform detailed needs assessments in collaboration with various stakeholders within the partner organization. Translate business needs into clear project requirements that inform scalable and repeatable initiatives.
• Plan and facilitate OR scale existing on-boarding, ongoing training, tools training, account planning and other improvement opportunities.
• Identify project roadblocks, research and present root-cause analysis, and manage resolution.
• Design and implement metrics to measure impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility of programs. Measure and report on the effectiveness of enablement investments through dashboards and recurring reporting mechanisms.
• Maintain scheduled deadlines, detailed training and initiative status reports, and introduce processes to optimize management of projects across the Partner organization.
• Create, execute, and manage role-based sales learning sessions for new and existing partner teams, supporting specific training needs; add this content to existing programs or deliver as net-new.
• Conduct employee training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based and virtual learning to create an engaging learner experience.
• Support ad hoc special projects as needed.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• At least 7+ years combination of project management, sales enablement, partner/direct sales, sales operations experience with increasing influence and responsibility.
• 2+ years of project management experience, including projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
• Strategic thinker that can distill broad visions and concepts into structured plans, actions, measureable metrics and independently execute those plans and a tactical level to drive results.
• Must be comfortable understanding global business needs and positioning solutions with sales and business stakeholders across multiple functional domains (e.g., sales, technical, operations, marketing, etc).
• Ability to assimilate to the team culture, and self-manage in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Must possess a high level of self-motivation, have an excellent work ethic and able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Entrepreneurial skills with experience implementing new projects and concepts within organizations, working closely with senior level cross-functional stakeholders.
• Demonstrated project ownership and consistent delivery on commitments.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to maintain high levels of accuracy in work products.
• Experience using sales or customer relationship management (CRM) tools such as Salesforce.com and various content/knowledge management systems.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products (Excel, Outlook and SharePoint)
• Excellent communication skills including, presenting, editing, and writing.
• Ability to be flexible and a good understanding of how to get things done in an unstructured environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top