Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a world class partner leader to curate a partner portfolio of partners focused on the Amazon Serverless services (Lambda, API Gateway, Event Bridge). As a Partner Development Specialist within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to accelerate adoption of AWS cloud computing services by partners and customers. Activities include building C-level relationships with our partners, constructing and managing joint get-to-market and go-to-market plans, and driving new product innovation along with AWS service teams. You will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption of the partner solutions by establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing day-to-day partner interactions.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in alliance management to drive successful partnerships, engage with the C-suite, as well as a sales or business development background to execute on joint marketing and sales activities across the partner and AWS field teams. The ideal candidate also possesses a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Working knowledge of and experience in the cloud and serverless technologies is preferred.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work with cross functional teams to create and execute a strategic business plan, inclusive of enablement, practice development, and marketing and sales initiatives on solutions that meet industry customer needs with measurable ROI
• Drive partner sales revenue through regular pipeline, opportunity registration and business reviews with partners to manage progress against the strategic business plan
• Engage each partner's field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
• Promote partner's value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
• Drive partner solutions, APN Program attainment, continuous enablement through training and certifications and go-to-market strategies for differentiation and expansion of their footprint
• Establish AWS as the partner's preferred cloud computing platform
• Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings
• Prepare and give business reviews to AWS and partner senior leaders
• Manage complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing and business term
• Travel up to 20%
• Position can be located in the following cities: Bay Area, Seattle, NYC, Boston, DC, LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Houston.
• 5+ years of sales, business development, or alliance management experience in the software/technology industry, including Cloud/Software as a Service or related technical paradigms
• 5+ years of experience in the developer tools industry
• Experience engaging senior executives and experience with decision making processes in enterprise customers
• Experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams including direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management and account management teams
• Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements
• 10+ years of sales, business development, or alliance management experience in the software/technology industry
• 7+ years of experience in the cloud
• Knowledge of AWS services and technologies
• MBA or MS with industry experience
• Demonstrated results in achieving sales, business, development, or alliance management goals against annual growth targets
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally to meet with customers, partners, and to AWS events
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.