Partner Development Manager: Government Systems Integrators
Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the public sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with key public sector systems integrators (SI) and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions? Do you have the business savvy, government business development experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an AWS Partner Development Manager (PDM), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in public sector. Your mission will be to develop AWS awareness and adoption, build AWS competency, and drive sell-through engagements with a targeted set of government large systems integrators.
In this role, you will establish deep business and technical relationships with AWS partners through your knowledge of the customer's mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with our partners in support of government agencies. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. In addition, technical skills and background are essential as AWS targets customers that are looking for front line technical expertise and cloud experience (sales and implementation).
Effectively developing and managing SIs will require that you establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the public sector industry and customer requirements. Through these relationships, you will be responsible for growing internal adoption of AWS, as well as broad organizational AWS competency within the SI business units and program teams. You will also work very closely with the AWS sales team to drive joint sales engagement, as well as strategically plan for development of future opportunities and pursuits.
Ideal candidates will possess both business background that enables them to drive engagements and interact at the executive level with partners and government customers, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with IT and development leaders and implementers. Candidates should also have strong industry experience and demonstrated the ability to think and act strategically on the government customer mission, industry directions, and partner/customer technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Manage a territory of a number of large Systems Integrators (SI's), developing and advancing relationships and growing AWS revenue to and through these partners.
- Maintain an accurate and robust System Integrator/ISV/VAR pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
- Understand and navigate public sector contracting vehicles and procedures.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the public sector.
- Execute the strategic sales and business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the AWS sales teams to build relationships with the SI's in your territory and foster joint pursuits.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Experience developing, enabling and supporting Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
- Experience managing sales accounts and territories
- Experience with government technology capture, procurement, and contracting processes.
- Experience with technology platform sales with an understanding of government IT, datacenters, and cloud adoption.
- Minimum six years of partner/business development, enterprise sales, and/or program/product management experience with a focus on public sector agencies or SI's.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate to solve complex business challenges.
- Experience using Salesforce (reports and CRM).
- Excellent writing skills. The ability to author original text including detailed sales forecasts and strategy planning documents.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead executive level meetings understanding the audience and the ability to conduct EBC type activities.
- Understanding of compliance requirements of highly regulated customers in the public sector to include system accreditation frameworks which leverage the NIST guidelines. In addition, a working knowledge of FedRAMP and FISMA.
- Established network within the government partner and acquisition space.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices to include dev/ops and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) as well as associated technologies (serverless computing, microservices, containerization).
- Experience developing an indirect sales channel, growing partner competencies, and delivering sell-through revenue.
- Ability to drive strategic technology discussions at multiple levels with partners and customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top