Sr. Partner Development Manager - Global Systems Integrators
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships with the leading global systems integrators. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future? You will work directly with partners to drive exponential growth through the development of their practice areas, skill sets, and go-to-market with AWS.
Your responsibilities as Partner Development Manager, DACH within our EMEA business relationship is to build executive and field relationships with a major global partner on the cusp of incredible growth. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with this partner, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth, southeast capability development, major strategic agreements, and overall end customer adoption across all market segments. The ideal candidate will possess the business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, the channel experience to understand the needs and capabilities of their partner, and the sales background needed to easily interact with customers and sales/field reps. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
• Work with AWS DACH sales managers and your partner to define and execute joint sales and go to market programs.
• Manage and drive joint sales engagements between the partner and AWS sales teams.
• Serve as a key member of the business development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral for industry and service campaigns.
• Engage the partner's field sales organization, channels, and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
• Set a strategic business development plan for target market segments and ensure it is in-line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
• Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
• Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
• Ensure that AWS is the partner's preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
• Understand the technical and capability requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Understand and advocate for the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior executive management team.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
• 10+ years of sales, business development and/or partner management experience.
• Previous experience working for, or working closely with, a global system integrator.
• Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
• Strong presentation and written skills coupled with the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Experience working within the cloud category is highly desired.
• Proven experience driving revenue through partners with structured programs
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Master's Degree in business or related field
• Visible IT industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure, outsourcing, and cloud adoption
• Experience building workforce capabilities in/with large system integrators
• Broad based technology experience including cloud computing, big data and analytics, networking, security, storage and ongoing infrastructure management
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.