Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across all industries including public sector, run their operations and applications on AWS. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Partners in their transition to a cloud-based IT operating model.
AWS Partners look to the Partner Business Insights team to deliver the most accurate data, insightful analyses, and compelling visualizations to ensure our regional and local leadership teams can grow sustainable and scalable businesses.
As our organization's Business Intelligence Engineer, you would be responsible for deriving analytical insights from data and building scalable mechanisms to support those insights. In addition, you will create compelling visualizations on top of the data/insights to track KPI progress and drive business decisions. We want our data to tell a clear story, highlight insights we hadn't previously seen, and do it all faster than we've been able to previously. With an understanding of the core business needs in hand, you'll use your programming, SQL, and data visualization skills to develop solutions that will help move the business forward and enable better decisions to be made in less time.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Define, develop, and build business critical metrics and reports across all business levers, key performance indicators, and financials.
• Own alignment and standardization of analytical initiatives across the global partner teams
• Drive efforts with business leaders, BI leaders and executive management across the partner organization.
• Own key executive reports and metrics that are consumed by our executive leadership team and partner field organization.
• Provide thought leadership in global business deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators.
• Partner with engineering, product, business and finance teams to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement
• Translate data into actionable insights for stakeholders both in and out of the team, create analytical insights to identify key priorities
• Proactively make and justify recommendations based on advanced statistical techniques, deep familiarity with the customer or developer experiences, as well as by cross-referencing multiple data sources and comparing against the wider industry
• Determine performance reports and automate reporting for regular metrics, identify areas of opportunity to automate, scale ad-hoc analyses, build and inform BI tool improvements
• Provide requirements for telemetry and data structure to improve ability to extract data efficiently and provide the team insights faster
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in data analytics, business analysis, or BI engineering position
• Experience handling confidential data with discretion
• Working knowledge of data retrieving and processing using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
• Experience with use of data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Quicksight, QlickView)
• Experience in preparing and executing presentations of technical and business level data to both peers and leadership
• Experience using data to build business cases, back up assumptions, develop hypotheses, and complete root cause analysis
• Experience with analytical techniques, such as regression analysis, predictive modeling, segmentation, forecasting, hypothesis testing, multi-variant testing
• Experience working with business, product, marketing to determine stakeholder needs and with engineering teams to technically execute
• Track record of strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses and contribute to documents
• Experience developing insights across various areas of customer-related data: financial, product, and marketing
• Proven problem solving skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
• Relevant experience in Business intelligence and Business Analyst roles.
• Demonstrated ability to drive a project end to end.
• Graduate with a Degree in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Computer Science or other quantitative area.
• Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us