Part Time Shift Assistant
Daily management of department duties, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, provide work direction and communicate with internal and external suppliers.
- Provide vacation coverage for Area Managers
- Tracking and reporting of ATS/labor hours
- At times assisting with production duties, training associates and verifying SOP compliance
- Ensuring successful area performance, through tracking and reporting metrics.
- Independently assess all aspects of associate work performance and provide feedback.
- Participating in Operational Excellence initiatives
- Fully understanding workflow and daily production goals
- Reviewing and updating SOP as required
- Ensure work areas remain clean and are equipped with proper equipment and supplies.
- Identifying and addressing safety hazards within the work area
- Coaching associates to work safely at all times
- Participating in safety initiatives
- Ensure all job injuries are reported timely in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Ability to lead provide direction utilizing independent judgment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of Amazon associates and management
- Associates must be in good standing
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
- Continued meeting or exceeding of department performance goals
- Education beyond High School, and/or prior experience managing employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with an FC kaizen or Shingi event
- An awareness and willingness to use OE tools and techniques
- Experience working in Problem Solve a plus
- Respect from associates in production area
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top