Outbound Area Manager
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking for Area Manager for our MEX2 Fulfillment Center (FC) in Mexico. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you'll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department:
• Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives
• Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals
• Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
• Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
• You and your team of warehouse associates are responsible for ensuring we inbound the stock necessary to exceed our customer expectations.
• You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
• You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon's peak holiday season and as needed year-round.
• You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of a 24/7 operations.
• You are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.)
• Leading and developing a team of 50-150 hourly associates by embodying Amazon's Leadership Principles
• Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives using Lean tools to delight customers.
Additional Job Elements:
• Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
• Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Analytical profile. Understands process paths key metrics, regularly identifies and bring forward ideas to more senior team members.
• Problem solver - owns the issue.
• Operates with autonomy - determines corrective actions for risks and obstacles.
• Focused on deliver results through own challenge, escalating or communicating issues to senior members of the team.
• Build and sustains relationship with key people. Able to engage with the right points of contact to help solve problems faster.
• Open to two way conversations.
• A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or other related field.
• 3+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
• 3+ years of experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
• Fully bilingual (proficient Spanish and English communication, both spoken and written).
• Advanced Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus.
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top