Oracle Applications Technical Consultant
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon's Finance Technology team operates software platforms that are among the largest in the world by volume and complexity. We interact upstream with all of Amazon's businesses globally and the majority of our projects are cross-functional. Much of our work enables Amazon's new market or business model launches and happens as part of these enterprise programs. We partner integrally with the CFO organization worldwide, including the central finance functions and line of business leadership.
Finance Technology team is looking for a Developer to play a key role operating and enhancing the applications used in the procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, and report-to-report business processes. This position will be responsible for leading the support and operation of modules within the e-Business suite. Core activities will include end user support, problem management and operational enhancements for multiple applications in multiple geographies. This role will be responsible for delivering high quality service to Amazon.com's growing global business.
• Manage a range of business processes that OFA supports (PO, AP, FA, AR, OCM, GL, integrating platforms).
• Understand fundamentals of key setups, system administration, and SOX controls.
• Be able to triage critical issues or events, organize and direct multiple OFA-based teams.
• Develop/ communicate/ execute a roadmap of improvements for a given function.
• Communicate effectively across a variety of teams from finance directors to SDEs from client teams, e.g. Kindle Digital or AWS Commerce Platform.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus.
"Must Haves" for the position
• OFA depth (5+ years) in one or more of the following: procure to pay, order to cash, or core financials.
• OFA SLDC for large implementations, enhancements, dealing with Oracle (as a vendor/product company)
• Previous management experience; Strong communication skills; Prioritize and deal with ambiguity.
• Nice to Have
• SDE Skills; Oracle Application Framework and ADF skills; Agile/Scrum Master
• Development (or integration) experience in non-OFA technologies
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
• Perform gap analysis to determine our e-Business suite's system configuration and development changes.
• Design and implement system modifications.
• Work with business customers, developers and Oracle Support to research, document and resolve Oracle system issues.
• Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
• Code, Design and implement modifications.
• A strong functional and technical knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite in a multi-organization and multi-set of books environment.
• Four years experience working with Oracle Financials with four years focused on extending and/or supporting General Ledger, Procurement, Payables, iExpenses, Receivables, Cash Management, Fixed Assets.
• Strong technical knowledge of the underlying tables, integration points and technology processes are critical to success in this role.
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
• Must have very strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
• Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business customers and drive consensus when conflicting requirements are identified.
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
• Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top