Oracle Applications QA
The Finance Technology Quality Assurance Engineering team is looking for an Oracle e-Business Suite Quality Assurance Engineer to play a key role in designing, implementing, and extending the applications used in Amazon. This position will be responsible for leading the test planning, test execution, building and maintaining the automation scripts for the Oracle EBS modules. In this role, we require a solid understanding of end to end Oracle Financials business processes and an ability to understand our modification of those processes to facilitate the implementation of our Oracle EBS platform. This role will be responsible for, and have significant influence over a portion of projects in the team's work portfolio.
- As a Functional Test Analyst, Contribute to Solution Design and Technical Design reviews to promote quality in the early stages of the project
- Create and Execute test plans, test cases and report test execution status and Defect metrics for projects with sophisticated test management tools
- Leverage, create and execute automated test scripts/suites, Troubleshoot and debug complex transaction systems
- Recognized as group expert of a specific feature or component and contributes this expertise to others. Detect underlying problems and patterns and looks beyond the obvious
- Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving environment
- Proactive – display energy and initiative in solving problems. Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable – undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required. Adapt quickly to new technologies and products. Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality – demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in your work.
- Decisive – ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options. Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity – act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional – work within your team's processes. Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- Functional knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite release 11i / R12 in a multi-organization and multi-set of books environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field or minimum of four years experience working with Oracle Financials supporting more than one of the following applications: General Ledger, Cash Management, Account Receivables , Accounts Payables, Purchasing, Iexpense, Fixed Assets and Cash Management.
- Knowledge of the underlying Oracle tables, integration points and technology processes are critical to success in this role.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Experience in engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- Experience with low-level ad-hoc query tools (Toad, SQLPlus) and a working knowledge SQL queries.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Experience analyzing data and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience with any of the following are preferred
- Experience in designing Oracle Financials in EU countries and meeting statutory requirements.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- The Finance Technology team is a fast paced, dynamic environment. A strong desire to work in such an environment is an important key to success.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business customers and drive consensus when conflicting requirements are identified.
- Prior experience with creating an executing automated test scripts using OATS, UFT, JUnit, etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top