Oracle Applications Developer
The Finance Technology team is looking for an application developer to play a key role in designing and extending applications used at Amazon.com. This position will be responsible for developing solutions and support of multiple applications within the Oracle e-Business suite. Core activities will include development of technical specifications, configuration of standard applications, modifications to standard forms and reports, development of new forms and reports, development of interfaces in and out of the e-business suite, and end user support for multiple applications in multiple geographies.
- Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Perform gap analysis to determine our e-Business suite's system configuration and development changes.
- Design and implement system modifications.
- Work with business customers, developers and Oracle Support to research, document and resolve Oracle system issues.
- Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Code, Design and implement modifications.
- Proactive – display energy and initiative in solving problems. Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable – undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required. Adapt quickly to new technologies and products. Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality – demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in your work.
- Decisive – ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options. Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity – act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional – work within your team's processes. Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- A minimum of six years of experience developing solutions for Oracle's e-business suite.
- Experience with Oracle's development tools including reports, forms, BI publisher, Workflow Builder, and JDeveloper.
- Experience with at least one of these e-business suite applications (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, iProcurement, iExpense, General Ledger, Inventory, Fixed Assets)
- Experience engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- Additional programming skills that are useful towards the job but not a core requirement: C++, Perl, Java
- Must have a strong functional knowledge of the Oracle e-Business suite in a multiple organization and multiple set of books environment.
- A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
- Must have very strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top