Amazon.com is looking for experienced Optical Engineers to help operate and support one of the world's largest and most complex networks. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability. We look for innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As an Optical Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Be responsible for the operational support of our global DWDM infrastructure
• Drive current DWDM designs to meet the demand of our customers
• Create processes that help operate and support our DWDM network
• Work closely with other Networking team on operational escalations and support
• Work with in-house software engineers in developing additional in-house monitoring and reporting tools on the DWDM platforms
• Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards
• Review and implement changes on the DWDM network
• Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability
• Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network
• Our ideal candidate has a successful track record of troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions.
• A Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
• 5+ years industry experience in a similar environment
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major DWDM platforms
• Knowledge of SNMP, TL1, XML-based or equivalent management protocols
• Experience with optical planning and modelling tools
• Experience with the operational support of large DWDM networks
• Ability to script/program in a language (Python, Perl, C or Shell Scripting).
• Good working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals
• knowledge of L2 switching and L3 routing is desirable
• Good understanding of Linux / Unix and Background in automation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.