Optical Metrology Engineer
External Job Title: Display Test Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce innovative devices like our best-selling Echo, e-readers and tablets, and Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Accurate and precise metrology is a critical component of engineering success. As a Display Test Development Engineer you will support the display team by providing optical test methods, specifications, lab equipment, and lab software. You will work on display and LED components in various consumer electronics during both engineering and production phases.
- Develop automated test systems including instrument control, data acquisition, results analysis, and reporting using MATLAB and other software languages.
- Own/maintain/calibrate optical and electrical test equipment.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and configuration issues in test fixtures, prototypes, and production products using various lab test equipment.
- Collect and analyze data to produce reports and recommendations for cross-functional teams.
- Generate specification and procedural documents.
This position involves 10% or less international travel.
- Bachelor's degree in physical sciences/engineering or related field
- 3+ years of technical work in system, electrical or optical engineering
- Experience with hands on test, debugging, and calibration of optical and electronic devices and instrumentation
- Master's degree in physical sciences/engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a engineering lab environment
- Experience in MATLAB or Python instrument control
- Familiarity with LED, LCD and/or reflective display technology
- Additional background knowledge in image processing, using imaging hardware, electrical engineering, optics/color science, and metrology
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top