Operations Support Manager
- Boston, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The scope of Amazon Robotics (AR) is expanding to include support of exciting new robotics technology being developed by teams across Amazon. A group of experienced and entrepreneurial minded Engineers and Support Managers is being assembled to create the new Emerging Technology Services (ETS) Team that will partner with product development teams, operations leaders, and maintenance teams to support advanced robotics technology across Amazon's fulfillment network.
In this role on the ETS team, you will work directly with operations leaders to maximize the performance of advanced robotics systems. You are responsible for being the link between operations leaders and technologists, engineers, and support technicians working within the Amazon Robotics, Advanced Technology, and Canvas organizations. You will launch new systems, develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives, and drive best practices across Amazon's customer fulfillment network.
You will develop and implement standard operating procedures, performance metrics, and feedback mechanisms to enable the ETS team to effectively scale. You will work closely with robotics hardware and systems experts to build a cohesive team responsible for the safety, reliability, and performance of emerging robotics technology. You are also expected to be able to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures, performance metrics, and feedback mechanisms
• Identify, analyze and resolve operational safety, reliability, and performance issues across the ETS product suite
• Partner with leaders and engineers in the Amazon Robotics, Advanced Technology, and Canvas organizations to deliver new and innovative products to the customer fulfillment network
• Lead on-site training sessions for Amazon operations leaders
• Support network-wide rollouts of new robotics technologies and tools
• Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports on the safety, reliability, and performance of the products in the ETS product suite
• Provide requirements and "voice of the customer" feedback to development and support teams
• Provide on call after-hours support for ETS escalations
• 50% travel expected
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Business and/or relevant experience
• 5+ years of project management, consulting, operations, and/or technical services experience
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Experience creating and implementing scalable standard operating procedures, performance metrics, and feedback mechanisms
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills with the ability to discuss complex technical issues with both technical and non-technical teams
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
• Masters degree in Engineering, Science, or Business
• Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies
• Experience with hardware, software, and solutions troubleshooting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top