Operations - Sr Program Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Human in Loop service (Sagemaker Ground Truth, A2I and Amazon Mechanical Turk) leverages machine and humans and enables customer to create good quality training data sets which they can use for training their machine learning model. The quality of model and the inferences in production is driven by the accuracy and quality of the human annotations across all modalities Text, documents, 2D images, Video and 3D point cloud across mapping, autonomous vehicle, imagery domains. We're looking for an analytical and customer-obsessed Program Manager who has experience and can establish such annotation workforces and can directly work with the crowd to drive the efficiency and quality of the annotations. This will require them to understand the customer efficiency and quality requirements, their use case, establishing the policies and guidelines for the annotators, training programs to deliver best quality annotations. They will work closely with product & engineering to ensure product is tested at every stage of development for efficiency and quality. This role will tap into their ability to wear multiple hats, working with product, UX, engineering, customers and customer service teams to address issues/solve new challenges and shape the business. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to have a large impact business unit within. Strong interpersonal skills are also important.
As the Operations Program Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Establish crowd curation and management process
• Establish best practices, policies and training programs for annotation workforce
• Develop key processes, policies, metrics and performance indicators to measure overall annotation performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
• Work directly with various internal and external annotation workforces, product and engineering teams to ensure best user experience in the product and it is optimized for cost and quality
• Identify and execute on opportunities for improving customer experience and reducing delivery cost through data analysis.
• Collaborate with product and engineering teams to build and launch new features and programs.
• Clarify and drive short-term project priorities and commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of project management and accountability.
• Developing and effectively communicating strategies & plans in narrative format.
. Run programs with marketing/PR, customer service and Billing/accounting teams
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Program management, process improvement and/or digital/high-technology companies/products.
• 2+ years of experience as annotation ops program manager.
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.
• Leveraging technology to invent, improve, and scale.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
• Experience in Microsoft Excel, SQL.
Ability to handle the day-to-day management of tasks, prioritization and resolution of problems and issues and experience in implementing action plans to meet objectives.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
• Self-starter and possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Back to top