Operations Researcher Internship
As a Research Scientist you will use your experience to develop new strategies to improve the performance of Amazon's inbound systems and our vendor network. Working closely with fellow research scientists and product managers, you will use your experience in modeling, statistics, and simulation to design models of new policies, simulate their performance, and evaluate their benefits and impacts to cost, reliability, and speed of our fulfillment network. Using your analysis you will be present your findings to your peers, and work with product managers to integrate them into our product plans.
This position requires superior analytical thinking, and ability to apply their technical and statistical knowledge to identify opportunities for industrial research. You should be able to mine and analyze large data, and be able to use necessary programming and statistical analysis software/tools to do so.
Internships last 12-20 weeks and start year round. In order to be considered for an internship you must be enrolled at a university and plan to return for additional school terms prior to graduating. Otherwise, please apply to the Operations Researcher full-time posting if you are graduating within the next year.
- In the process of obtaining an advanced degree (PhD strongly preferred) in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar technical field.
- 2+ experience working with statistics and probability, particularly their application in systems analysis and operations research
- Fluency in at least one programming or scripting language (Python, Java, C, C++, etc).
- Experience with SQL and Statistical/mathematical programming software packages (R, SPSS, CPLEX, LONDO or Xpress etc).
- Experience in problem solving and data analytics.
- In the process of obtaining PhD in relevant discipline (see basic qualifications).
- Experience with inventory planning and supply chain management (forecasting, planning, optimization, and/or logistics).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with data mining on large datasets ("big data").
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top