Operations Program Manager II
- Oklahoma City, OK
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Do you get excited working on new challenges every day? Do you like to problem solve, drive solutions and influence what features should be launched for customers? AWS Business Operations team is looking for a talented operations program manager who can drive programs across cross-functional teams across the company such as Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Operations, Customer Service, Development teams.
As operations program manager, you will define, execute, and deliver a programs associated with operational issues and customer feature enhancements. Some of the key job functions of the program manager are:
• Building processes and executing operational changes.
• Lead the development of the consumer-focused program strategy and vision supported by internal analysis.
• Lead projects from initial development to implementation that will streamline systems processes and drive operational improvements.
• Improve key system inputs to achieve automated execution by identifying areas of opportunities, building process, maturing it and providing it self-service to customer-facing teams.
• Develop and Analyze Operation Dashboards to address pre-defined as well as ad-hoc business questions.
• Define creative, high quality, simple roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
• Create buy-in for customer feature enhancements both internally and with key internal partners.
• Drive launch testing including working with other cross-functional teams to enable smooth launch of product/feature.
• Analyzing the needs of multiple stakeholders/users to improve projects and clearly documenting requirements.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Tracking and reporting on the status of a portfolio of projects.
• Presenting to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including senior and executive level leaders.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People with Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
• Bachelor's or Master's degree
• At least 3+ years of professional working experience in related occupations of Systems Analyst, Business Operations Engineer, Business Operations Program Manager, or related
• Strong background in business operational process improvement
• Business analysis and functional experience with quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
• Experience involving distributed system performance analysis and optimization.
• Experience in E-commerce payments processing
• An MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related field
• Customer Service background
• Great organizational skills and attention to detail; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal and external customers or vendors
• Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability
• A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top