Operations Program Manager, Global Trade Services
- Mumbai, India
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are a team of exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Health, Safety, Sustainability, Security, and Compliance (HS3C) Global Trade Services (GTS) team helps deliver hundreds of thousands of items each day. We are import and export compliance experts, ensuring that our customers, vendors, sellers and internal businesses can reliably send and receive a broad range of products, equipment and software. Our business customers are Amazon Retail and special internal programs (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Lab126, Amazon Robotics, and affiliates). Global Trade Services consists of two operational areas: Cross-border Trade Compliance and Direct Imports Product Compliance. This position will be part of the Direct Import Product Compliance Team and will report directly to the Vendor Engagement Manager.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the success of the United States Direct Import Compliance Program and building systems to verify relevant safety and regulatory attributes are met for products importing into the US. This position will develop strategy, build new solutions and processes, and primarily support the ongoing operations for the US Direct Imports Product Compliance program. This position will work closely with US Import Vendors and Retail Teams to ensure Amazon Compliance Policies are communicated and followed. We are looking for a talented Product Compliance Program Manager who has direct experience with global consumer product regulations to work cross functionally with vendor managers, transportation and other supply chain professionals within our rapidly growing and evolving business.
• Ensure that US regulatory requirements are met for products and support other functions such as Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation, Customer Service, and Legal.
• Develop best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement.
• Drive scalable business solutions which, ensure compliance with consumer product regulations
• Work cross-functionally and manage compliance training and awareness raising programs in retail, operations and sales teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran
• Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects.
• Knowledge of product compliance processes and the interplay with global supply chains
• Bachelor's degree required with a scientific focus.
• 5+ years of experience in any combination: Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Import/Export, Product Safety and/or Product Development
• Specific knowledge and/or experience of one or more of the following regulatory environments: Consumer product safety regulations & standards: food, drug and cosmetic, toys, electronics; import regulations
• Must be able to use Excel, Word and other common desktop software applications. Must also be comfortable learning web applications and proprietary software
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
• Strong presentation and training delivery experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Previous experience in tech, electronics, consumer goods, or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus
• Previous experience in tech, electronics, consumer goods, or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus Previous experience in consumer goods, electronics or textiles environment or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus.
• Previous people management experience a plus
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
• Previous training experience and/or development of training materials such as presentation, e-learning, webinars etc.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain management, Compliance / Regulatory areas or Consumer Retail is being considered a plus.
Back to top