Operations Manager, Technical Premium Support
- New York, NY
About Amazon Web Services
Amazon's technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology with interactions with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager based in Taipei to lead a team of Cloud Support Engineers providing world-class support on all AWS offerings (http://aws.amazon.com/). Our customer facing engineers resolve complex technical issues ranging from EC2 Linux general guidance through technical deep-dives identifying and resolving complex Big Data (EMR, Data Pipeline) configuration and 3rd party integration issues. Cloud Support Engineers also develop many of their own tools and interact heavily with their peers developing the offerings.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, a Cloud Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives. Our Engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
A suitable candidate would be someone who is extremely customer focused, who could multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to lead the team. As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role!
• Highly motivated and hands-on to solve customer problems with technical expertise.
• Maintain positive communication in a timely manner with customers and team members.
• Oversee cloud support activities by identifying and prioritizing resolutions.
• Conduct analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance.
• Provide effective leadership through coaching, feedback, and performance management.
#AWSGCR Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
• Be highly technical, analytical, and have 5+ years progressive leadership experience in managing technical teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Proven track record of delivering results through people, business and operations management.
• Hands on experience in one of the technical domains is a plus - Big Data (Hadoop) OR DevOps (ChefPuppet) OR Application Programming in one or more of the following languages - Java/ Python/ Ruby/ .NET/ Android/ iOS.
• Have a proven record of driving improvement programs in the operations, engineering and support fields.
• Ability to understand Cloud platforms and technologies and how they operate within a business environment.
• Understanding of business management and operations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer communication during AWS critical events.
• Experience with managing IT environments on behalf of customers.
• The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance.
• Ability to work with flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required).
Back to top