Operations Manager - Small and Lightweight
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
As a result of continued rapid growth, we are searching for an Operations Manager to support our expanding network of Vendor Flex nodes. This role will manage regional field operations on the west coast, covering 8 Vendor Flex facilities.
The Operations Manager will manage the Vendor Flex nodes from our Seattle headquarters and will implement process improvements within the western region. In taking this role, you will be a direct actor of Amazon customer-centric policy.
There are four key areas that will be focused on in the day-to-day activities of this role; safety, quality, customer experience and productivity of the Vendor Flex nodes in your region.
- Manage Operational relationships with vendors, fulfillment support teams and internal retail business partners.
- Identify opportunities to improve costs and efficiencies on a multi-million spend in warehousing and transportation.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Review the work forecasts and effectively balance labor between regional Vendor Flex nodes and nearby Fulfillment Centers (FCs).
- Coordinate between Vendor Flex nodes, nearby FCs, Retail teams, and the vendor site management to ensure availability of inventory, availability of supplies, coordination of Transportation services, and to mitigate any operational impacts.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Support launch of new Vendor Flex nodes
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to indirectly influence external service providers to successful outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Willingness to travel to Vendor Node locations 40-50% of the time.
- 5+ years Warehouse logistic or/and Service provider management within Distribution, Manufacturing, Transport, IT, Consumer Goods industries.
- Bachelor's degree, in Business including Supply Chain or Engineering Subjects
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, project management experience or qualification
- Good Computer based Skills with Microsoft Office applications (Access, Outlook, Word); Unix & SQL experience desirable
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables.
- Clear understanding of Electronic B2B Communication (EDI)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Current driver's license and means to travel frequently (daily) between operating Vendor Flex nodes
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
- 6+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment or Low cost direct to customer fulfillment experience
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
- MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top