Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon's cloud product line, referred as Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies.
Amazon Development Centre (India) Private limited ('ADCI'), is looking for an experienced and qualified personnel to join its Customer Service team in India focusing on Amazon's AWS business referred as AWS Customer Service teams. As a member of the AWS Customer Service team, employed with and working for ADCI, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology supporting and assisting a global list of customers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications on the AWS Cloud.
AWS Customer Service, within ADCI, provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. AWS Customer Service team helps AWS customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs. This team also helps with account and billing related inquiries, and interface with Amazon teams focusing on AWS to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
Do you think Cloud Computing is fascinating? Do you ever ponder the backbone that powers internet TV and social media? Are you passionate about driving customer success? Interested in learning new technologies? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Do you love discussing new technologies with your friends and family?
As an AWS Customer Service Manager (CS Manager) within ADCI you are responsible to the vision, direction, and culture of your ADCI teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolutions.
This role is supporting cloud computing customers of Amazon, so the individual will have to demonstrate a technology affinity to be successful.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing associates and team manager(s); responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the team.
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality of work.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AWS (Amazon Web Services™) policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Owning and driving performance metrics with the team, to include the use of a Quality Assurance program to "Move the needle"
- Solving complex customer service issues and proactively heading off negative service trends.
- Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The Operations Manager will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations.
- Voice of the Customer: Summarizing and providing critical analysis to top 3 customer issues to be improved on a quarterly review cycles.
• 12+ years of Operations and Industry Experience
• 4+ years of People Management experience where you would managed Manager of Managers (Third Line Management Experience)
• Direct experience in Contact Center Operations (Customer Service, Sales, or Collections)
• Strong oral (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills.
• (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day.
• Able to work in an ambiguous, internet-speed environment.
• Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience with every contact.
• Strong technical analysis skills; you are someone who wants to dive into the numbers and seek to understand
• He or she will have strong experience with quality engineering, process improvement, and operational excellence.
• This leader will be known for his/her ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work seamlessly with both technical teams and business teams.
• He or she will have a strong reputation for attracting and developing the best talent.
• This leader will have the intellectual capacity to look at a wide array of options and identify what truly matters.
• He or she will be someone who stays connected to the details of his or her business.
• He or she will be an inspiring people manager and adept at quickly growing the organization.
• 6+ Years of Management Experience
• Experience with AWS, Cloud Computing or technical support industry
• Experience with pre-sales in the IT industry
• Master's degree
• Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
• • Project Management certification
• • Strong experience in bringing out the best performance of your reports
• • Strong experience in creating career development plans for reports, and guiding their progression to success
• • Experience in being a mentor
• • Exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
• • Demonstrated history delivering results in cross functional environments - ability to drive organizational change using sound reasoning backed up by relevant data in a well prepared business briefing