Operations Manager (Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply)
- Oklahoma City, OK
At Amazon, we have a peculiar culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle; from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and have become the universe's most customer-centric company. By hiring those who take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates a culture of innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business...and we find that exhilarating!
Read more about us at amazon.com/about
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us regardless of minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. We value diversity!
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
ABOUT AMAZON OPERATIONS
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you'll come help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world's greatest selection of products and services with the world's best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members at youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu6W86LChii5Lgzcbu8iF8Nc35u_vOtCQ
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
• Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
• Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
• Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Additional Job Elements:
• Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
• Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. We grant each employee ownership in the company, including Amazon stock awards and a matching 401(k) program. But, if you're not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don't wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos's most recent letter to shareholders sums it all up pretty well.
Find it at https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1018724/000119312516530910/d168744dex991.htm
• A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
• 3+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
• You have a completed bachelor's degree or 2+ years of Amazon experience
• You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
• You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon's peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
• You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees' performance.
You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
• You have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
• You have over 5 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
• You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
• You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
• You don't hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
• You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top