Global Production Services (GPS) is a global, internal production team supporting D1-Creative which is our global internal creative agency. We are passionate about creating a better visual experience for our customers at scale. As the GPS Operations Manager, you bridge the gaps between Finance, Legal, and the Regional Businesses. You create and implement Standard Operating Procedures, identify inefficiencies in workflows, and drive a culture of continuous improvement. You collaborate across a growing global team and share best practices with your peers worldwide to contribute to the creation of innovative operating procedures. You ensure finance and legal compliance, manage short and long-term operational spend planning, coordinate all finance related activities, and own reporting to inform the health of the business.
As the ideal candidate, you balance the urgent needs of all stakeholders and make decisions in the best interest of the business. You provide ownership and accountability, and bring top-level oversight of team processes. You utilize strong communication skills, build trust easily, collaborate with peers locally and globally, have a strong attention to detail, experienced with data analysis, and are comfortable working in ambiguity. Primary responsibilities to include:
- Analyze volumes and spend for compiling high level reports.
- Planning and management of operating and capital expenditures.
- Accountable for monthly reporting of expenses to Finance.
- Forecasting headcount, volumes, and expenses.
- Drive financial processes within the local teams.
- Build and maintain workflows, process documentation, and communication plans across a global team.
- Provide opportunities to cut spending and streamline processes.
- Lead cross-functional process improvements with local teams and global peers.
- Provide financial and volume reporting to GPS Management Regional Operations Managers.
Provide detailed data analysis and metrics to the teams to drive data-driven decision making.
- Deliver results under tight deadlines, without sacrificing a high standard of quality and detail.
- Swift decision making in high stress, fast moving situations.
- Detailed analysis of project level spend, productivity metrics, and high level forecasts to actuals.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Professional experience in a high volume, high production operations environment.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working cross functionally across a global team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to think clearly in ambiguous situations and make unbiased, ethical decisions.
- Ability to identify issues and create a clear plan to resolution.
- Comfortable making data based recommendations to senior leadership.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience building and maintaining budgets.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems.
- Experience with legal agreements and employment law.
- Experience managing a project across multiple countries.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top