Amazon one the world's leaders in e-commerce is looking for a talented Retail Operations Manager to support rapidly growing and evolving businesses. You will support the business by managing catalog managers who will in turn manage associates working on content management or catalog/ supply chain defects elimination. You will work directly with program teams, Retail teams and a variety of global internal businesses and outside vendors to drive operations goals related to Amazon Catalog across several countries.
You will support multiple operations teams that work on Amazon Catalog to update and improve the detail page of the products sold by Amazon or support in solve different types of errors. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of catalog managers or others, strategize and drive catalog managers to execute procedures on work received, to estimate time on new jobs received, to check accuracy / quality of the tasks delivered, to ensure records are maintained accurately, and to ensure utilization (or related metrics) of the team is high. As an operations manager, you would be responsible for managing a team of around 50-70 associates and would have 3-4 catalog managers reporting into you.
Role and Responsibility:
• Manage specialists and managers supporting operations goals and in turn support internal business teams to ensure the best customer experience;
• Work with various Amazon teams to support the search for automation opportunities and leverage existing technologies;
• Define appropriate operational metrics aligned with business goals; establish processes for measuring, tracking, and driving continuous improvement of these metrics;
• Track key metrics continuously and identify risks; call out gaps and manage resources proactively;
• Plan and manage capacity to achieve business objectives. Identify opportunity areas and evaluate them on the basis of feasibility, timelines, etc;
• Analyze defects and support the development of programs that fix root causes, escalating when required to drive closure;
• Own structured communication with all internal (Vendor Managers, Sr. Vendor Managers) and external stakeholders;
• Build and scale process-related solutions that have metric impact through multiple projects and automation; driving the adoption of solutions across teams;
• Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports to help them individually grow functional skills and leadership capability;
• Build solutions to meet the hiring needs; retain and develops talent.
Key Performance Areas:
• Attract talent and makes right hiring decisions, on-boarding and continuous development of team and maintain a high delivery bar.
• Deliver business goals for processes handled.
• Operational goals for respective business functions measured under Cycle Time/ Productivity/ Quality/ Cost metrics.
• Manage quality, improve efficiency and minimize variations in the process.
• Co-owner in the process of budget planning.
Bachelor's degree in any discipline;
• Excellent command of spoken and written English;
• Directly managed 2 to 3 managers and thus indirectly managed at least 50 plus people organization.
• Possess strong communication and leadership skills;
• Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & 'internet-speed' environment with tight deadlines;
• Willingness to work outside of the "standard" work day, willingness to travel outside the country;
• Have an absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience;
• Possess exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis;
• Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills;
• Be a self-starter;
• Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously;
• Experience in business process improvement.
• Background in Business Process Outsourcing (financial services, customer service, call center, etc.);
• Practiced working knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen or Six Sigma.