Operations Manager (Cloud Infrastructure Operations Management for AWS)
- Dublin, Ireland
Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud". As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
We are looking for someone that is about being at the forefront of transformational technology and assisting enterprise customers take advantage of a growing set of AWS services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical workloads to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered operational leadership talent to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing.
As a Managed Services Operations Manager, you will provide exceptional leadership & management needs for our talented Engineers. You will have a love for technology and drive operational excellence, to provide our customers with an exceptional experience and service. You will work hand-in-hand with senior stakeholders on opportunities to improve our operational practices. You will work across customer organizations and multiple AWS teams to ensure customers' are delivered exceptional service that continually to raises the bar.
You must possess customer facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, and quick innovation available in the AWS cloud.
You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class operations is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Define and Execute Business Priorities - You will be a key contributor and owner of the direction for your operations. This includes defining strategic goals for the team. You will be participating in defining, planning, and documenting key projects and initiatives. You will be tracking the progress of initiative outcomes against goals and ensuring that the team remains unblocked and focused.
• Team and Performance development - You will own all facets of performance and career management for the team. You will be expected to mentor all members in order to maintain a well-rounded, world class organization. This includes project management, quality audits and coordination of training sessions as well as day to day oversight of the team. You will own and be accountable for the output and performance of your team.
• Operational Excellence - You will uphold and continue to drive operational excellence across the site and globe. You will drive best practices with a focus on outcomes for our customers. You will identify and own local and global initiatives that will continue to optimize our highly customer focused operational teams.
• Recruiting and Hiring - You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but will allow the team to scale with our customer and service growth.
• Incident and Escalations Management - You will lead team/s to provide customers with exceptional outcomes during times of customer needs and drive positive customer the outcomes. You will be driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools & processes and providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the AWS services and customer base.
• Engage with Director and C-Level executives to understand business needs.
• Go "toe to toe" with customer technical stakeholders on most issues, and use your judgement when to pull in the heavyweight engineers/architects as necessary.
• Be the voice of the customer and work with internal AWS resources to ensure that the customer's SLA's are met. Raise internal awareness of customer impacting bugs and/or issues, and drive the appropriate prioritization for fixes and/or responses.
• Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature requests).
• Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or via phone).
• You will own accountability to provide our customers with an exceptional experience and assist customers in their time of need with highly technical and customer focused service.
• You will represent Amazon and AWS as your team addresses operational issues in customer environments and field technical inquiries from customers who are seeking help with AWS services.
• You will be responsible for measuring and driving operational excellence.
• You will drive customer communications during AWS critical events and drive projects that improve customer experience and support related processes.
• The right person will have strong people management experience of 5+ years with a track record of success.
• They will be analytical and have experience in leading technical engineers and/ or operational teams in high pressure environments.
• Must have a record of driving projects to improve operations and support-related processes and the right technical support experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer and internal communications.
• Strong Technical background and working knowledge of protocols (HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP) and cloud service offerings (AWS, Azure, etc.).
• Experience in Managed Service provider - managing IT environments on behalf of customers.
• Engineering, Computer Science, IT Degree or equivalent experience.
• MBA or equivalent experience.
• The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance.
• Experience and Certification in ITIL and or Dev Ops
• Experience as a systems administrator or software development engineer. Experience with Web services, systems administration (Linux and/or Windows), Networking, Java, Perl, Ruby, and Python
• Strong understanding of Linux, Networking Technologies & Software Development.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Back to top