- Chennai, India
About the team:
Print Quality Assurance (PQA) ensures book files meet our Guidelines prior to becoming available for customer purchase. These files would have already passed through the first stages in the publishing process. The PQA check determines whether or not the file will become available for customer purchase based on whether the files will print correctly according to manufacturing standards, and whether the files or metadata could potentially mislead readers who are purchasing the books.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Serves as a leader for the site, while keeping the peers and the Managers informed of the decisions
• Develop and drive site-wide improvements in Operations, Quality, Productivity, Publisher experience and People metrics
• Implements performance goals, monitors and evaluates against pre-set goals implementing action plans to resolve performance barriers as needed
• Build partnerships with internal teams to collaborate and drive measurable improvements in areas that could improve Publisher & Associate experience.
• Conduct periodic reviews with Direct reports and provide them with the required guidance to excel in their performance.
• Coordinate with the internal teams such as GREF, IT & Transport etc. to eliminate/minimize productivity impact.
• Participate and represent site performance in Weekly and Monthly reviews and device plan of action on the opportunities.
• Share best practices with his/her peers to improve Org performance
• People management i.e. appraisal, training and mentoring talent to grow within Site/Organization.
• A Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of operations management experience with at least 3+ years in managing people managers.
• Experienced in managing large operations teams
• Strong, self-driven leader with demonstrated ability to proactively drive, manage and grow an operations team.
• Excellent communication (written & oral) skills and detail oriented
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day.
• Knowledge/experience in publishing industry would be preferred
• Experience in quality assurance
• Aptitude to quickly learn new systems and software
• Ability to multi-task & prioritize, with strong organizational and follow-up skills
• Certified or Trained in Six sigma methodology
Back to top